Learn More About:
Get In Touch:
|U.S. Water Use|
“Environmentalists don’t complain about bottled water, for even if the most aggressive forecasts for future sales are met, the amount of the world’s water supply transferred for these products will still be insignificant—less than one percent of available freshwater.”
Jeffrey Rothfeder, Every Drop For Sale (Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam)
Source: U.S. Geological Survey Study, 2000.
How do Americans use water? Here’s a hint. The public water supply in the U.S. uses about 12 percent of all freshwater that is drawn. For bottled water in the U.S., that number is 0.019 percent of groundwater withdrawals. (Groundwater represents about 20 percent of total freshwater. Surface water represents the other 80 percent.)
The U.S. Geological Survey Study gives a good snapshot of Sources and Uses of Water in the U.S., 2000.
Nestlé Waters North America recognizes that for all people and the planet we share, water is the stuff of life.
Freshwater used each day in the U.S.: